VA Home Loans
A VA loan can help an active military member, veteran, reservist or surviving spouse make the dream of homeownership come true. Backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, a VA mortgage loan offers numerous advantages over a traditional mortgage product. As a VA home lender, Residential Mortgage Services offers a streamlined VA loan application process tailored to your specific needs.
What Are the Benefits of a VA Home Mortgage?
Advantages of the VA home loan program include:
- No Down Payment: Traditional mortgage loans often require a substantial down payment to secure a mortgage. With a VA loan, you can finance up to 100 percent of the reasonable value of the property — which can make a meaningful difference if you’re a first-time home buyer.
- Affordable Payments: The combination of competitive interest rates and no private mortgage insurance (PMI) requirements results in lower monthly payments.
- Easier to Qualify: The VA program features less restrictive eligibility requirements than many other mortgage loan programs. Relaxed credit standards make it easier to qualify for a VA loan than a conventional mortgage product.
- Reusability: You can use your VA benefits more than once, such as when refinancing your existing loan or upgrading to a larger home.
VA Loan Specifications and Eligibility Guidelines
You could qualify for a VA mortgage loan if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Accumulated 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime
- Accumulated 181 days of active service during peacetime
- Have more than six years of service in the National Guard or Reserves
- Are the spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or due to a military service-related disability
A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) will verify your length and character of service and is an essential component of the VA loan application process. You can apply for a COE via a VA-approved lender or the VA eBenefits online portal, or by completing and mailing VA Form 26-1880.
Why Should You Choose RMS as Your VA Loan Company?
RMS is a VA home loan lender you can trust. We’ll help you explore all your loan options, so you can make the best choice for your needs and budget. You’ll appreciate our simple pre-qualification process and our easy, secure online application, which you can even complete on your smartphone or tablet.
Apply for a VA loan today or feel free to contact us for more information.
RMS: We'll Guide You Home!